Wenzel School History
Wenzel School History
Posted on 08/02/2018

Wenzel School History

This week we are featuring Wenzel School, which opened in 1928 during Carl M. Fenner’s tenure as superintendent. It was built for $24,000 and contained four classrooms for students kindergarten through third grades. In 1953 two wings were built onto Wenzel adding three classrooms. About a decade later a gymnasium and an additional classroom were added in 1964 bringing the school’s footprint to 14,155 square feet. More recently, the school was renovated in 2003-2004 and transitioned to a kindergarten through second grade building.

Wenzel School has had six principals since 1971 And their names and years of service are listed below (if you know of the name and years of service of a Wenzel principal prior to 1971, please share that information with us, and we will add it to our historical archives):

Jack Arbanas 1971-1994
LeeAnn McConnell 1994-1995
Donna McClary 1995-1999
Pete Palasinski 1999-2007
Teresa Belote 2007-2014
Nick Herblet 2014-Present

Sturgis Public Schools (SPS) would like to thank the community for your generous donations and loans of SPS historical pictures and artifacts for our historical display partnership with Sturgis Historical Museum - At The Depot. We will continue to share SPS history through a series of weekly articles as we collect items for the display, which can be dropped off at Sturgis Central Commons located at 107 W. West Street any weekday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to Karen Stimson in the Superintendent’s office.  



‚ÄčHistoria de la Escuela Wenzel
 
Esta semana presentamos la Escuela Wenzel, que se inauguró en 1928 durante el servicio del Superintendente Carl M. Fenner. Fue construida por $24,000 y contenía 4 salones para estudiantes de kínder a tercer grado. En 1953 se construyeron dos partes adicionales que agregaron 3 salones más. Aproximadamente una década más tarde se agregó un gimnasio y un salón adicional en 1964, lo que elevo la medida de la escuela a 14,155 pies cuadrados. Más recientemente, la escuela se renovó en 2003-2004 y se convirtió en una escuela de kínder a 2º grado.

La escuela Wenzel ha tenido 6 directores desde 197 y sus años de servicio están a continuación (Si conoce el nombre y años de servicio de un director de Wenzel antes de 1971, por favor comparta esa información con nosotros, y la agregaremos a nuestros archivos históricos):

 

Jack Arbanas 1971-1994

LeeAnn McConnell 1994-1995

Donna McClary 1995-1999

Pete Palasinski 1999-2007

Teresa Belote 2007-2014

Nick Herblet 2014-Presente

 

Las Escuelas Públicas de Sturgis (SPS) desean agradecer a la comunidad por sus generosas donaciones de fotografías y artefactos históricos para nuestra asociación histórica con Sturgis Historical Museum- localizado en el Depot. Continuaremos compartiendo la historia de SPS a través de una serie de artículos semanales en lo que seguimos colectando artículos para la exhibición. Los artículos pueden ser llevados a Sturgis Central Commons ubicado en 107 W. West Street cualquier día de la semana entre las 7:30 a.m. y 4:00 p.m. a Karen Stimson en la oficina del Superintendente.