Wall School History
Wall School History
Posted on 08/16/2018
This week we are featuring Wall School, which opened in 1955 after 15 months of construction for a cost of $372,814. At that time, the school included ten classrooms for second to sixth grades, a gymnasium, cafeteria, and kitchen. Five rooms were then added to Wall School in 1960, and more recently the building transitioned to a school that educates kindergarten through second grade students.

Wall School has had five principals since 1969 and their names and years of service are listed below (if you know the name and years of service of a Wall principal prior to 1969, please share that information with us, and we will add it to our historical archives):

Earl Arend 1969-1991
Bob Matkin 1991-2009
Nicole Airgood 2009-2015
Shawn Caldwell 2015-2017
Harmonee McCrea 2017-Present

Sturgis Public Schools (SPS) would like to thank the community for your generous donations and loans of SPS historical pictures and artifacts for our historical display partnership with Sturgis Historical Museum - At The Depot. We will continue to share SPS history through a series of weekly articles as we collect items for the display, which can be dropped off at Sturgis Central Commons located at 107 W. West Street any weekday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to Karen Stimson in the Superintendent’s office.



Esta semana presentamos la Escuela Wall, que se inauguró en 1955 después de 15 meses de construcción por un costo de $372,814. En ese momento, la escuela tenía 10 salones para 2º a 6º grado, un gimnasio, una cafetería y una cosina. Luego se agregaron 5 salones a la escuela Wall en 1960 y más recientemente, la escuela se convirtió en una escuela de kínder a 2º grado.

 La escuela Wall ha tenido 5 directores desde 1969 y sus años de servicio están a continuación (Si conoce el nombre y años de servicio de un director de Wall antes de 1969, por favor comparta esa información con nosotros, y la agregaremos a nuestros archivos históricos):

 Earl Arend 1969-1991
Bob Matkin 1991-2009
Nicole Airgood 2009-2015
Shawn Caldwell 2015-2017
Harmonee McCrea 2017-Presente

 Las Escuelas Públicas de Sturgis (SPS) desean agradecer a la comunidad por sus generosas donaciones de fotografías y artefactos históricos para nuestra asociación histórica con Sturgis Historical Museum- localizado en el Depot. Continuaremos compartiendo la historia de SPS a través de una serie de artículos semanales en lo que seguimos colectando artículos para la exhibición. Los artículos pueden ser llevados a Sturgis Central Commons ubicado en 107 W. West Street cualquier día de la semana entre las 7:30 a.m. y 4:00 p.m. a Karen Stimson en la oficina del Superintendente.‚Äč